Innovative Self-Checkout Solutions for the Retail Sector
CBE has formed a strategic partnership with NCR, the global market leader in self-checkout. The duo will work in partnership to supply self-checkout (SCO) solutions to the independent retail sector in Ireland and the UK.
There are three options available to customers:
- The conventional NCR multi-tender Self Checkout
- NCR’s Convertible Self Checkout
- The recently launched Cashless Self Checkout – Click here for the case study from Lancaster University
- Improved labour efficiencies
- Reduces customer queues
- Increase transaction numbers
- Greater number of sales at peak periods
- Make maximum use of limited floor space
- Recycling coin and note acceptor/dispenser
- Provides a competitive advantage and builds customer loyalty
- Return on investment possible within 8 months
Video testimonial from Lancaster University
Video testimonial from JC’s supermarket
Why Choose NCR?
- Global leader in self-service technology
- 71% market share – nearest competitor has 11%
- Has installed over 100,000 SCO solutions in the retail industry
- All major retail groups in Ireland and the UK have implemented the NCR SelfServ solution
Why Choose CBE?
- Leading innovator in retail technology in Europe
- The CBE EPoS solution seamlessly integrates with the NCR SelfServ solution
- Full project management of implementation
- Experienced personnel onsite to assist with installation
- Local hardware and software support
What Retailers Say…
When I spoke to CBE they did a thorough analysis of the store to determine if I was suitable for self-checkout and subsequently advised on an implementation strategy that was specific to my store. It’s working brilliantly and the feedback from customers has been excellent”“Initially I was sceptical of the benefits of a Self Checkout machine but, having seen it grow in popularity in other supermarket environments, I was keen to explore my options. I’m always looking at ways to reduce queues within my store at peak periods.
Smith’s SuperValu, Monksland, Athlone
We have installed the self checkouts in our 5 stores and we wouldn’t be without them. They have saved on cashier costs but more importantly they have improved the level of service for the customer. Once customers have used them a couple of times they become very comfortable with them. The mixture of self service and manned checkouts meets everyone’s needs and the recent trend of people buying smaller amounts make the self service unit a must have. Also the units have yet to ring in sick on a Sunday morning!!
Nally’s SuperValu Group
Contact us to speak with one of our experienced retail consultants about your requirements or to find out more about Self-Checkout Solutions.
Download the CBE Self-Checkout brochure for more details
Michael Smith, Supervalu Athlone and Sean Kenna, CBE’s CEO